Monday 3 April 2017

So there we are, students together, sat in another lecture...


Hellooo 😃

Yeah I know, its kinda like a Mrs Doubtfire greeting, but why not.

In all my ramblings about my elective and all the great stuff that's happening, I realised that I had not told you why I decided to do the elective, why Tanzania and how I came to choose Work the World to organise it all.

So, if you are sitting comfy and all that jazz, I'll tell ya.

Sometime back, sat in one of many lectures, we were all told about electives and that we could do this at the end of our 2nd year.

"Hmmmm....me liking this thought...." 

Cogs ⛮⛯ on stealth mode in my brain ⛮⛯, well doing something anyways 😏

So yes, I get home and the conversation with Mr O gets round to how was my day at Uni' and what did I do? bless him, he's a goodun' 😇
And yes, its after the 'walk in the door' coffee ☕☕ (you lot know me so well - we're almost on first name terms!!)

So, I get to saying about the elective idea but dismiss it because I can see it's expensive.
However, dear Mr O says this is not a problem, let's discuss the idea further.

💬

The positives now outweigh the negatives and my excitement at being able to do something that I had only dreamed of, is becoming a reality. 🙌

Woohoo!! cool, I can do the elective (dances round the room) 😎

Then Mr O pipes up "Hold up...that's all very well dancing round but where are you going to go and who will organise it for you?"

"oh bugger!...didn't get that far"

So we sit down and start looking round online at what's out there for nursing students like my good self.
Well, we looked at numerous sites and places 👀 and sites and places 👀 and more sites.
There were sooo many.

I had a think and realised that to narrow this very wide margin of choice, I first had to choose the company. I have learnt to go with gut instinct as it is usually the correct choice. Hence then I had a good gut feeling about Work the World. 
Voila!!

Yes, except that they have sooo many great places to go to ⛰⛲⛵✈⛺ brilliant but more choices.

So like you are now, I was reading the various blogs that they had available.
We looked at pictures taken by previous students and eventually narrowed it down further still.

Eventually I decided on Tanzania as it was a place that I had not been before, I would be outside of my comfort zone and I felt that if I could manage being away from home, in another country for three weeks and working there too, then hell, I could manage most things.

So there we were, we had decided on the elective, the country and the company 🙌.
Sounds straight forward but it took us ages to do.
Lots to consider and all that. I am sure you can imagine what is involved in sorting this out.
However, Work the World are what you might call a slick operator and have this all in hand. 👍

I now have a timeline to keep me organised as to what I need to get done and when. They arrange all the stuff in country such as accommodation, placements etc. All we had to do apart from pay, is complete the various tasks on the timeline. 📑

Everything is clearly laid out and they are only too willing to help where they can. All in all I think they're brill' and would suggest these people to anyone.

I also found out that they have had many dealings with students at the UEA for their electives.

You remember I said about gut feelings? Well I was correct. Everyone I've spoken to about them have all had positive things to say.
Oh yes, that's another thing, they've asked me to say a bit about my experience of the elective in Tanzania too. They have spoken to me already and will speak to me when I am there in August. Exciting times.

Mind you, Mr O is not looking forward to being home alone.
He'll be ok I am sure and I will soon be back home. He'll probably wish I were going back out there again after I have told him about 'that time when..', a dozen times 😜

So, thank you gut, you won again, let me give you a coffee ☕

Ttfn to you all

K x

No comments:

Post a Comment