Saturday 4 March 2017

#inyourcorner

It's been a bloody busy week, but productive & exciting!

I'm meeting up with Sports Direct tomorrow to discuss the sponsorship they kindly put in place earlier this week πŸ˜„ Admin was thrilled with this and I, for once, (okay more than once!) was gobsmacked!

Seriously, there has been so much going on this week as to be unbelievable, and I'm still constantly humbled by the help and support many kind people and firms are giving me. I'll give a fuller update on that in the next few days.

It's been out a little while but this video really picks up on the fight theme with mental health. It really is a fight & battle the sufferer goes through, yet so many still can't see this, can't or won't understand it and stigmatise or ridicule sufferers and carers.



Released by Time to Change as part of their campaign to reduce & stamp out stigma. It interests me and ties in with the elective as, of course, one of my aims is to see how sufferers and carers are treated by society as a whole in Tanzania.

We, in the UK & NHS, certainly do not hold the moral high ground on being better than any nation as the amount of stigma faced by ill people in Britain is dire, shameful really - hence the need for campaigns like Time to Change.

Anyways have YOU made your pledge to stamp out stigma in mental health? Please do have a think, it'd be nice if you could. 

As I said I'll update more on the elective and planning and stuff over the weekend.

Laters taters

Karen

PS: Don't forget Time to Change πŸ˜‡ta x

No comments:

Post a Comment