Wednesday 22 February 2017

Well I'll be...!

So, there I am , sitting reading and drinking coffee (no surprise there), when I get a call.

"Hello" 
"Ah hello I am  Nick Carding, Health reporter, from the EDP to talk to you about your elective, in August was it?"
"err yes...ok...right..." me gobsmacked at this point (come on brain - work!!).
So he proceeds to ask why I wish to go to Tanzania to which I reply why not?? fair answer I thought 😊 

Then I am thinking what do I say next. DO I put humour in there, do I be sensible, Mustn't forget I am doing a professional degree, must be a responsible adult. So, I calmly continue to speak to the chap from the EDP, with my best phone voice on (like we all do) and justify what I want to get out of going to Africa. 

SO then I go off to my various meetings and the such, and finish my day. 

I am sitting on the bus blissfully unaware that someone at Archant is squirrelling away at a story about me!! Blimey!! Since when did I become a news article? pfft yeah as if.

image from EDP article 22/02/17
fame & fortune beckons 😍
Anyhow I get in and discuss how my day went and all that. I say about the call from the EDP and we check online. Lo and bloomin' behold, there I am, in glorious technicolor, on my TV screen, large as bloomin' life!! 

Well I'll be...I'm in the ruddy newspaper! Me!?! 

If you want to have a read.....here it is...well click here

SO today has been a funny day for getting things done for the elective and of course my Uni' work and I guess now I will be fighting off the Paparazzi from the front  door. Watch this space. Any autographs will be a pound donation to the elective fund 😎 haha, only kidding 😄

Today the EDP...tomorrow who knows? 

Laters taters

Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment