Friday 24 February 2017

Speechless

Yes, I know, not a term used in relation to me that often. According to my friends that is.

Anyhoo, the day starts like most do...bleary eyed, drinking my coffee and checking my emails, the news and all that.

Come on brain, wakey, wakey, stuff to do today... MOT for the car ... do Uni' work... deliver a donation request letter about my elective...ok more coffee.

Ping goes an email on my phone ... 💥I then almost choked on my coffee when I see an email from Joe Jamieson, Marketing Manager at Work the World. Could he speak to me about doing a bit for the Work the World blog about my experiences as a mental health nurse (student) while in Dar es Salaam?

Silence falls in our house and I look at Marc 👀. 

I am speechless.

He looks at me, waiting for the next word to spill forth. 

"Well???"

"I have been asked to do a blog bit for Work the World...Me!?...little ol' me...bloomin' 'eck".

He is extremely excited by this and starts smiling from ear to ear. And me? well, I collect my shell shocked thoughts, muttering "he called me "a switched-on individual". 

He's a clever fella this Joe, I thought 😊 Although I must add that I won't post all my thoughts that were going round my head at that time 😉 cannot guarantee they'll be read post watershed, if you know what I mean? 

I mean, really? wow! EDP yesterday, Work the World today. Goodness knows who will message me tomorrow. 

However, if it happens to be HRH from the big house in London, I may have to decline interview straightaway, as I have lots of Uni' work to do 📖📕📖📘📖📗. Sorry your Majesty must dash 💨.

OK, so I spoke to Joe this afternoon to see what I need to do. It all sounded quite straight forward and so I agreed.

I'm getting used to this life in the spotlight 😎 Any more and I will have to be sneaked in through the back door at Heathrow Airport when I leave the UK!

Yeah, yeah, ok, ok ... a girl can dream right? 😄😃

Another nice thing happened today too. I received a parcel from some dear friends, off my wish list. I opened the parcel to see 2 Rough Guide books on Swahili phrases and Tanzania. It was such a surprise to receive them. I am feeling so excited and so very lucky right now. I cannot explain it.

Speechless. 

Oh...did it happen again? 😁

Anyways, onward and upwards eh? This degree won't learn itself.

Just thought I would let you all know about this bit of news from today. 

Chat again soon, nice to catch up with you 😎

TTFN
Karen 

No comments:

Post a Comment