Sunday 9 July 2017

Exam Results

Hellooo,

Exam results time...well...what can I say?

Well I could scream, cry, jump up and down or just dry my eyes and get on with it.

Yeah, ok I will do the latter of the list.

As you may well be aware, I was sitting an exam consisting of 3 parts.

They were nursing practice, A&P (that stuff we all did in biology back in the day) and the bit on research.

You may also be aware that I was nervous about the research bit.

So, can anyone tell me, why in the name of all things good, did I manage to miss the grade on the nursing practice and pass the  other two with pretty much flying colours?

I could wax lyrical as to why I think I made a hash of the nursing practice but that wouldn't change anything.

Anyways, them nice peeps over at the UEA gave me another bite of the cherry so to speak, and I was allowed a re-sit.

Yay! I hear you shout...what's the result? 

Well, that has to wait for the 20 working days turn around for marking. So, I should know by the 17th of July whether or not I have passed this time around.

I spoke to my main lecturer and my academic adviser to see where I went wrong. I found out that I had made a daft mistake and missed passing by about 5%.

In terms of marks, this was probably about 2-3 marks.

Mental note to self - next time you have exams, go hibernate to revise. Be accessible to no-one or anything. A hermit you will become! Side-tracked, you will not be. 🚫

On the upside I did pass the Safemedicate exam with 100% so that's a plus 🎉🎉

Anyways, that is where we are with exams and the such.

I still have loads to do and get on with. Time is slipping through my hands faster than I care to think about. It's a scary thought but I have almost completed 2 years of nurse training. Only another year to go and then doing the job for real.

In other news, I have finally decided that I  want to work in dementia care. So, fingers crossed please for the re-sit exam being a pass.

Anyways, I am off for another coffee ☕

Be good and I will chat to you all again.

Night night - K x


No comments:

Post a Comment